Wednesday 11 February 2015

Favourite makeup picks part two

Hi Everyone!

I'm back again with some more favourites from my makeup bag. After being out of the blogging game for a while i'm doing a few experiments with the photography/editing so please be patient whilst i try to figure this out! Anyway enough with the boring one man pity party, lets jump into some more makeup items!


Starting with a few favourite highlighters, I love the Hocus Focus illuminating cream by Soap and Glory. (Click here for product) It's such a lovely highlight and it's perfect for the cheek bones and above the brow. On occassion when I'm feeling daring i do try to put this under the brow but it has a slight runny consistancy and is incredibly difficult to avoid the brow itself which is a bit of a pain but i'll leave under the brow to a brightening concealer that isn't liquified! 

As i mentioned, the Soap and Glory highlighter is liquid so i like to set it with the highlighter in this blush/highlight duo by Pixi. This highlight isn't as natural as the Soap and Glory one but it's perfect for a night out. The blush is also really pretty and natural too which i love as i always seem to have issues when applying blush, i don't know maybe I'm being hard on myself or maybe i'm just incapable. (probably the latter)






Moving onto brows, these two products from Benefit are an absolute godsend. Eye brows are probably my favourite part of my makeup routine because i feel like it pulls everything together (I've got quite thick brows so its always nice to see them neat).  Benefits "speed brow"(Click here for product) is perfect for setting the brow in place. It definitely has a brown tinge to the product but it is such a great product to tame any wild hairs!


Benefits "Browzings"(Click here for product) (mines in medium brown and completely demolished..oops!) comes with an angled brush, a flat brush (i lost mine.. luckily the angled brush was the only one i use!) and some mini tweezers (Which i also find incredibly difficult to use, i am an atrocious excuse for a girl haha!) The left side of the product is a great dark wax and the right side is a brown powder that you put over the wax. I have nothing but good things to say about this product, i use this first then speed brow over it!






Carrying on with eyebrows, I seem to have given you my eyebrow routine backwards because i use this before the Browzings kit haha. This is exactly what it looks like, a mascara wand. Yes, i was in dyer need of a brow brush (Speed brow comes with one but it obviously is full of product) so i decided to wash off an old mascara brush from a mini N07 mascara. Probably one of the best ideas I've had as this completely upped my brow game. (There are brow brushes you can buy but as I've mentioned before.. I'M A MASSIVE CHEAP SKATE! I also feel like me and this mascara wand now have some kind of connection, so its staying).

Last but not least we have some necessity lip products. On the left we have the Blistex "Daily Lip Conditioner" (Click here for product) which is absolutely amazing and the smell reminds me of Vimto.( I could be completely off there but i just always imagine vimto when using it haha!) It's great on the lips and is perfect for these cold winter months, especially in the UK! To the right we have another Blistex holy grail product. "Raspberry Lemonade Blast"(Click here for product) is AMAZING. Honestly, the taste is incredible. I know you're not supposed to eat lip products but i wouldn't mind spending a night in A&E because I've eaten 2000 sticks of Blistex lip balm..and if that isn't an incentive to go try it i don't know what is.

Well, thats it for another post. Thanks everyone for checking out my blog it means a lot. You're all wonderful and i hope you have the best day!






No comments:

Post a Comment